Equioment and Balls.
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Airport
General Member
No User Image
England

Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 at 3:34:55 PM | IP Logged

Hi all I am new here and also new to TW08 (I know I'm the last dog out of the traps lol). The last golf game I played was about 20 years ago on an old Amiga computer.

I picked up a copy TW08 at a car boot sale at the weekend and found this site very useful for getting me up and running on my Windows 10 machine. Now all I need to do is spend the next few months trying to get good at the game.

Now I have just about figured out everything within the game except for one thing, does the equipment ie club head's, shaft's and ball's make a difference to the performance of your golfer or are
they just cosmetic item's to make your golfer look good?

Airport.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:35:54 AM | IP Logged

Hello and welcome to the site.
I am not sure about offline play, but the equipment made a difference on online play.
For example when you use stiff flex shafts you will win some distance, but the ball direction will be harder to control.
Also depends what level you play.....novice....intermediate...advanced or expert.
Not sure it will make any difference on Novice, but it made difference on expert level.
I played all available tours on expert level from 2005....until 2009, and equipment below gave me the best results on online play.
A lot of my teammates used the same equipment in TW08:

Nike CPR Extra Stiff Flex Shafts, King Cobra FP Irons, EA 1-Under Edition Wedges, King Cobra Speed LD F Driver, King Cobra Speed Pro Fairway Woods.

The golfball i used: Bridgestone B330-S

Airport
General Member
No User Image
England

Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 1:34:31 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for info Gunpower61. I have noted down you equipment list and will save up to get them all and see if they make any difference or not in off-line (no where near good enough yet to play against real peeps). Like I said this is my first TW game so I am starting with baby steps down in the basement level of Novice and will step up the difficulty when I feel ready. 

There are 2 active members online
Kevin Griffin, rimshot,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Equioment and Balls. - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 8:49:00 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.