Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 11:21:01 PM | IP Logged

I am planning to do a clean install of Windows 7 on one of my removable drives which is currently running win. 10 thanks do the windows automatic update. Does anybody recall who was running Windows 7, if you were able to disable automatic updates or manually control them? I am trying to prevent the updater from upgrading the system to 8.1 and then to Windows 10. I am having absolutely no luck running TW08 on the currently installed Windows 10. Thought if I reverted back to the original Windows 7 platform, I would have better luck trying to get TW08 to run. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 7:23:37 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 2:03:00 AM

Turn off Windows Updates in Windows 10. You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have win 7 pro on 2 drives and it updates ok / just win 7 that is , above is just one way of a google search so advise just google it some more.
This link may be help full
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3080351/how-to-manage-windows-10-notification-and-upgrade-options 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:04:03 PM | IP Logged

I run WIN 7, I do have the auto update turned off. Forgot how but it can be done. Some where in the control panel. Good luck. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 11:52:20 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 11:53:00 AM

Hiya Jurgie, also some help on link below:

http://ccm.net/faq/15286-how-to-disable-updates-in-windows-7

Some more options on link below:

https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-Windows-Update-in-Windows-7 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 4:23:47 PM | IP Logged

Thanks Pat for the info. I did do a clean install of windows 7 64 bit pro. It was a little bit of a pain in the rear and very time consuming. The good news is that after installing TW08 it booted right up with no error messages. The bad news is, I can not get the Universal Wide Screen Patch to work. First time ever that I had a problem using the patcher. When trying to patch,I get the message that it can not patch and to close all running programs and games. Closing all running programs did not solve the problem. Going on the internet I discovered that this problem happens with the patcher quite often. Using the supposedly free app that fixes the problem is another matter. The app scans your entire system and locates issues. When you click on the Fix tab it takes you to its Buy site where you are required to purchase the app before it supposedly fixes the patch issue. No thanks. Any ideas on how to resolve the widescreen problem without paying for it would be greatly appreciated. 

There are 3 active members online
DIC7704, Mav01, nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Windows 7 Question - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 9:19:08 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.