Playing against r/l oponents
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Chris Wills
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 5:04:24 PM | IP Logged

A friend in Iowa and myself, UK, have played more or less every day for the past 10 years.

But his original machine packed in about 2 or 3 years ago, and at that time, the only replacement he could find came with Win 10 (Yuck!!) Now his machine is what I would call a typical everyday "Target" type machine, but he has managed to get the damned thing working reasonably with TW08, but I'm assuming that this was when my problems started.

He would hit a ball "X" number of yards, then I would hit the same "X" yards also. Usually this would work within reason, but every now and again my ball would fall short by 10 - 25 yards!!

POSSIBLE ERROR FOUND
As I said, his machine is an "everyday" machine, whilst mine is a 4Ghz i7 and 16 Mb of RAM, with an accompanying decent graphics card, but HE used to always post the game. This week, I am posting the game and I haven't noticed a problem since. We've also been checking his side also, as it would be no good just swapping the problem over, but it certainly seems as though we have sorted a problem in the loading of a game - ie; get the guy with the better machine to host the game. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:57:12 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Chris, big thanks for posting this, it can help other members with the same problem.

Chris Wills
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 12:25:48 PM | IP Logged

Thanks GP. We are still playing the same today without error, the only difference now is I can only blame myself for misplayed shots, and not EA as I was doing. :( 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 2:21:45 PM | IP Logged

edited by: dawg8 on Friday, January 5, 2018 at 2:23:00 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks for info, but it would help if you said that you and your friend are
using the Lan Lobby that comes with installing EA Online software that comes
with TW 08. Is this correct ??? If so I would reinstall EA Online..
that is if I could find some one to play online. Any who THANKS

dawg8 

Chris Wills
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 3:04:07 PM | IP Logged

Hi Dawg8. Yes we do use the LAN lobby, although, over the years and for various reasons, we have both had to reinstall TW more than once. (We also use Tunngle.)  

There are 1 active members online
Daskeezy1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Playing against r/l oponents - Page 1 Loaded in 0.313 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 1:37:39 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.