Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

JHouser91
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 4:11:46 PM | IP Logged

Hi Fellow TW Players:

I have a major problem that I hope someone can help me solve. Last week I had to
reinstall Windows 10. That seemed to go fine and I started reloading my programs. I installed TW 08 and everything appeared fine during the install. After everything was loaded I added a dll file so I would be able to use my normal system memory and also added the substitute exe file so I could play without having the disc in. I figure you are all familiar with these changes. Ok now to the problem.
Everything as far as game play is fine except I only have 2 choices for screen resolution where I remember before I had many more. Now come the biggest problem. I try to go onto the LAN site and it takes me to the login window and I click login and it immediately take me back to the main menu. This way I can never play multiplayer through Hamachi or Gameranger as I can never get to the set up or join a game screen. I have installed TW08 off of 2 different discs with the same results so I am feeling it might be setting within windows that is off. I have played this game on my current machine with no new hardware additions and had no problems. Please is there someone out there that has some idea as to a solution or workaround. Thank you for anyone's help

John Houser 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 5:19:19 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 5:20:00 AM

Hello, below is some help, it is TW08 and Win10 Compatibility mode tutorial.
Be sure you are running TW08 in Compatibility mode.
A few posts lower in the same link, you will also find some help for the widescreen patcher.

Go to this link:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=10630&forum=11

( Or go to Forum....General....and on top you will find: TW08 and Win10 Compatibility mode tutorial )

Now about the LAN problem:
-------------------------

I don t know why it kicks you back to the main menu, but maybe you try a few things:

After you did the compatibility thing, right click on TW08 icon and choose: Properties.....compatibility
Now you will see the box is checked: Run in compatibility mode
Below you can choose to run in: Vista....win7 or XP ( service pack3)
Try to switch to Win7 or XP and look if that works better

Also try to run TW08 as administrator:

Right click on TW08 icon and choose: Properties.....compatibility...and check box: Run as administrator....hit: Apply

rockhawg
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/16/1955 (68)

Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:37:07 PM | IP Logged

Dennisj is having the same problem with the online play has the been a solution found for this problem...Thanks Rockhawg 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 7:02:55 AM | IP Logged

This is worth to try, the EA sports online components ( EASO ) can give disconnections on LAN or Gameranger:

When you installed TW08 then you have the option to Install the online components.
When you said yes then they were installed, when you said no then they are not installed.
The EA sports online components ( EASO ) are no use anymore because the EA Sports servers were closed years ago.
Some people told me they solved disconnection problems on LAN or Gameranger by uninstalling the Online components ( EASO )

When you installed the online components:

You can uninstall and reinstall the online components separate ( no need to uninstall TW08 game ):
When you want to uninstall the components:

go to folder: ea sports online
C:\Program Files(x86)\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS online
inside EA SPORTS online you will see icon: Easouninstaller
Click: Easouninstaller icon , and online components will be removed 

rockhawg
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/16/1955 (68)

Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 3:29:06 PM | IP Logged

Thank You!

There are 2 active members online
BillSaunders, billstel,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - getting online problem with TW08 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Saturday, April 20, 2024 @ 7:09:27 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.