Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

mfp627
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 4:07:37 PM | IP Logged

Hi all,

I've had a quick look through and I don't think this question has been posed before. Though if it has, point me in the direction of the relevant thread.

I've got two monitors and TW08 doesn't like it. As soon as I start a round, I just get a black screen with all the audio going on in the background. I can technically still play but without being able to see anything, it isn't that fun...

The only workaround I've got so far is two disconnect one monitor prior to playing, which is a bit of a pain if I want to do attempt to multitask.

Does anybody know of a fix for this or am I stuck with it due to TW08 being a bit old? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 4:43:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 4:49:00 PM

Hi, you can try to start the game with the NOINTRO (It will start the game faster )
On desktop go to shortcut of TW08 game ( or go to the shortcut you start the game with):
Right click the shortcut......choose properties and change target from:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin\TW2008.exe"
TO:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin\TW2008.exe" /NOINTRO
(Note: there is a space between: .exe" and /NOINTRO )

Important Note: It will only help when you start the game, and not when you start a round of golf ) 

LinksPro
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 12/21/1954 (69)

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 10:54:36 PM | IP Logged

I think it depends on how you have your monitors set up. I have 2 monitors also. A 20" and a 24". When I view my screen I can run my mouse across the screens like there is only one. When the game starts it only displays on one screen. I can have something else on the other screen while the game is running but cannot leave the game to work on the other monitor unless I Alt-Tab. I am running Windows 7.

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 8:00:10 AM | IP Logged

mfp627 said:
"Hi all,

I've had a quick look through and I don't think this question has been posed before. Though if it has, point me in the direction of the relevant thread.

I've got two monitors and TW08 doesn't like it. As soon as I start a round, I just get a black screen with all the audio going on in the background. I can technically still play but without being able to see anything, it isn't that fun...

The only workaround I've got so far is two disconnect one monitor prior to playing, which is a bit of a pain if I want to do attempt to multitask.

Does anybody know of a fix for this or am I stuck with it due to TW08 being a bit old?"

I had to drop back to Win7 from Win10 due to motherboard issues. I have a dual monitor setup as well. When I first installed TW08 on my Windows 7 system, the screen was also black, I did some testing and found the way to fix the black screen for me was the following:

Go to Control Panel> Personalization

Change the theme to Windows 7 basic

Reboot your system and no more black screen for TW08

Hope this helps!

There are 2 active members online
goofygolf, raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW08 and two monitors - Page 1 Loaded in 0.313 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 1:30:19 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.