dark textures problem.
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

exildaot
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 7:07:51 AM | IP Logged

ok sorry to start a topic about that but i have a problem with shadows.

i don't know why but since a couple of courses downloads. my image is way darker. i've played a course called gaspesie at evening and could'nt see almost anything. way too dark.

could it be because i have too many courses installed?

shader level did'nt help at lot for that problem.

could someone help me about it.

when i play with a black golfer. i can't really see his face. it becomes a little frustrating.

would really like to get some help. 10x in advance. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (54)

Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 11:21:30 AM | IP Logged

a lot easier if you keep your related questions in one place :)

1. your monitor might be approaching failure
2. your graphics card might be overheating or glitching
3. check your video settings in game options, make sure the video one is default for the 4 colour bands
4. your game settings: the game advances just like real life, choose evening (sunset?) time of day and your lighting reflects that, and then progressively gets darker
-choose cloudy conditions - it's worse
-for a heavily treed, or hilly/mountainous type course - you will see a lot of shadows
- combine those factors . . . and yeah, visibility is poor

adjusting shader level will be most noticeable with older libraries as the game engine changed from tw6 to tw8 versions

the number of installed courses and/or libraries has nothing to do with it except slow down finding the course you want to play
- there's a course tool in Utilities where you can hide courses to make it easier to find the one you want

golfer features - try editing the golfer, if a custom one, dark colours, shades generally will perform more poorly, especially with time of day and weather settings

you asked about reinstalling in your other topic
yes, reinstalling places a completely new version of the game
you can save and reinstall custom golfers etc after wards - look in forum for saving player topic, it shows how to do it

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 11:45:12 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 12:27:00 PM

Also maybe you got an update for your graphics card driver, some newer drivers can give problems. ( You said the game worked fine before )

Anyway this is how you can save your player and career:

On desktop go to folder: My Documents..........inside you will find folder: Tiger Woods PGA Tour08
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or win8 or win10: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: documents...and inside you will find folder: Tiger Woods PGA Tour08 )
This is the folder you will have to save to a location on your PC.
When you saved folder (Tiger Woods PGA Tour08)you can uninstall TW08.

When you reinstalled TW08 game:
First you need to create the golfer profile with exactly the same name you used before
Important: Now play 1 hole on any stock course, and close TW08 game.
Now go back to folder: documents.....and inside replace the folder: Tiger Woods PGA Tour08......with the one you saved before.

Very Important: There is another folder with same name:Tiger woods PGA Tour08.... on next location:
C:\Program Files(x86)\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08
Don t save this folder!!!! you will have to save the one located in: documents

There are 2 active members online
Legend, raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - dark textures problem. - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Tuesday, March 19, 2024 @ 3:02:32 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.