Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 10:19:01 PM | IP Logged

edited by: huskereurocat on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:14:00 AM More info

Running TW08 on W7 now and it is working fine, except that I just opened up the program tonight to play a game and, after the intro where the program says "EA Sports, it''s in the game" all goes silent. I get no menu sounds much less going into an actual game and hearing sounds.
I already checked the options and reset them to default levels and tried the custom game menu fix and neither of those things worked.
I tried to reset the controls in the system as well, but that didn''t do any good. I didn''t think that it would since all other programs are working fine and even the intro to TW08 works fine.

Can y''all think of something that I am missing here?

Edit: It would seem that if I try to load the game from a shortcut on either the desktop or the taskbar, the sound is cut out of the game. I don''t know how that is and maybe someone else understands this better than I. Currently I MUST start the game from the original EXE file and from within the bin folder on the C: drive. Hmmmm.... 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:09:00 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Kelly, nor sure why that happens, maybe you can try two things:

1. On desktop, right click TW08 icon....choose Properties.... compatibility....and check box: Run as administrator..and hit: Apply

When still not working, delete TW08 shortcut on desktop.
Now go to bin folder, and right click TW08.exe....and in list choose: Copy to....and in popup choose: Desktop ( create shortcut )
Now you created new shortcut on desktop.

Not sure it will help, but worth to try. 

There are 1 active members online
raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - All sound is gone for the game - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 5:09:33 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.