CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - How to Use Different Structures,Walls and Fences - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : The Course Source
How to Use Different Structures,Walls and Fences
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

KyleDelGaudi
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 12:45:41 PM | IP Logged

I am new to CA and I have lots of ideas but what is getting in my way is getting new objects,structures and etc to show up in the CA06 so that I can use them. I'm not sure if I am supposed to use my own 3D made objects or what files I need to get it in the CA06 or where to put the files so that I can use them in the CA Please someone help me ASAP as I am very eager to start making courses. (I am only able to use objects,structures and textured from 06 and I would like to use other architects structures and objects from different year games) please someone make this clear for me.

Thanks ! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 1:04:26 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 1:12:00 PM

Hello,

First of all:
What Windows operating system are you using ?
To compile courses with CA06 then you will have to do it on XP.
( Or when you are using win7pro....or Win8pro..then you can use Virtual machine. )
You can t compile a full created course when are not using XP or Virtual machine.

To answer your question:
-----------------------

CA06 is used to create TW06 or TW07 or TW08 courses.
You want to create a custom course for TW06...TW07 or TW08 ?

When you want to use a custom library in CA06:
First you have to install the custom library in TW06 game.
( You can find custom libraries in the library section )
CA06 will see all libraries that are installed in TW06 game, so once you installed the custom library in TW06 then you will see the library in CA06.
You can install custom libraries in TW06 with the installer: Course utilities06..... that came with TW06 game.
But it is easier to use the automatic installer: CLsetup06
You can download CLsetup06 on this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=8

When you installed CLsetup06 correct then you will have an icon on your desktop.
When you are using Win7..Win8 or Win10: right click CLsetup06 icon....choose properties...compatibility...and check box: Run as administrator....and hit: Apply

Note: When you want to use your own created 3D structures, then you will have to use library creator. But you will need a plug in,to get your 3D structure in Library creator.
Some more help on this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=7896
And this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9455&forum=14
You can find the libray creator on this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=7&gameid=8 

KyleDelGaudi
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 1:33:39 PM | IP Logged

Hello Gunpower61

Thanks for your Speedy reply. I am using Windows Vista Home Preimium 64 bit and have installed some library's like some fences04 that looked cool and I go to to put them In the library folder on TW06 and I go to CA06 and I do not see the Fences structures I downloaded and put in tw06 library folder and I am trying to make a cool practice range type of holes. I already made,compiled and played some holes somewhat how I invisioned them but It doesn't even need to be a whole course really as I just recently got very interested in making something small, cool and unique for now. but I need different objects to work with and this library issue is getting in my way. So to make my question simpler. how can I get structures,objects and etc that others already created or ones from other year games to show up in the CA06 as I am not very familiar with the cl tool and library tools.

Thanks ! 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 1:42:17 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jbcalg on Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 1:43:00 PM

you need to install the library with the objects, structures you want in tw06
then list the library in the properties section of the CA file you''''re working on
then when you use the Librarian tool, they should be available to use

try the CA manual (utils, 06, course design section) for a little more - not much there in detail, but the basics are
http://coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=662

highly recommend you take the time to download and view the entire Smiling goats videos on course design in the utilities section - a master at design
utils, 08, SG video tutorials
http://coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=10&gameid=11 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 3:05:10 PM | IP Logged

Don t forget to run CA06 as administrator:
Right click CA06 icon.....properties...Compatibility...and on bottom check box: Run as administrator: Hit Apply

Also don t forget to run CLsetup06 as administrator:
Right click CLsetup06 icon.....properties..Compatibility...and on bottom check box: Run as administrator: Hit Apply 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - How to Use Different Structures,Walls and Fences - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Saturday, April 20, 2024 @ 4:34:17 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.