Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 10:49:23 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 11:04:00 AM

Here is a little history of the last few years. Decided to design Royal Birkdale and Royal Lytham at the same time back a few years ago. At that time I drew the complete layout of Lytham. After Birkdale decided to go back and remaster Royal Troon, started to rework the Johnny Walker red course as well. Now I am using my original computer which was purchased for the tw game in 2004, a Sony VIO with XP. Have had so many issues with the computer over the years, I had a power failure which took out the hard drive and lost everything. Out of this I had a copy of the completed Birkdale that was it. Troon was never completed, it didnt have the Pano I wanted to build. Went out and purchased a new hard drive and had a friend install XP on it.

Last summer decided to finally sit down do some courses. The goal was to finally do Royal Liverpool and Lytham. After Liverpool, wanted to do a fictional design. Upon looking for splash screen pictures for Royal Orleans and the Orleans coat of Arms for the Logo, was using that computer on the internet, and I got a cryptolocker virus. This virus is the worst it codes all your files and you lose them unless you pay a ransom. Because I had back ups was able to not lose that much work, however in removing the virus I basically destroyed the xp operating system. I didnt have a copy of XP. Finally in the fall got a copy of XP and had it re-installed with a clone copy of it on an external drive.

Over the last few weeks was working hard on Royal Lytham, the course was finally 18 playable holes and maybe 10 to 15 hours away from being complete, I was working on the 7th hole, wanted to create a Hyno tee, something I normally dont do on real courses, was adding like 50 yards to this par 5. Mind you for designing this course I had two computer running (one with Google Earth, hole fly overs, stroke savers yardage book) The other PC for designing. Than had a TV, which was using my own custom built DVR so to speak and using the complete 4 round coverage of the 2012 Open. Mind you have video also from 69, 79, 88, 96 and 01 as well. Needless to say have wires and stuff running all over the place was not designing from a deck. My dog came running through the room and tripped the wires to the XP computer, upon reloading all the USB ports were not working and was running the mouse from the USB ports. The only thing that works is the key board. I cant use this computer. Mind you just ordered a PS2 mouse so that should work. About 1 hour before this decided to back up the TCA file to a flash drive. Right now on a massive delay on this course and have no pictures to show they are all on the XP computer and same the updated TCR file.

Does anyone know how to fix USB ports after a power failure with not having access to a mouse? By the way no stores sell PS2 mouses anymore it is all usb.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:19:28 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:35:00 PM

Hi Hyno, not sure how to fix the problem, but when you still have a PS2 port on your computer, then you can buy a USB to PS2 converter.
Warning: there are USB to PS2 converters, and PS2 to USB converters, don t buy the wrong one.
I think you need USB to PS2 converter ( see pics on link below )
( The green one is for Mouse, blue one for keyboard )
http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/ps2_usb.jpg

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:28:47 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:57:00 PM

You could say who cares we have two Lytham courses to play.

Granted I havent played or looked at Lary86 Lytham course in like 7 years. However just downloaded the CGX course to see if they did anything on the course that I could use, like ideas or whatever.

I hope to not get myself in trouble by saying this, but have no idea what the hell that course is. The rough shading dont even have a clue how this is even designed, which is a good thing cause it is beyond my own design level. However it doesnt look good. The one thing I did like about the course was all the grandstands and the entire picture of 18, however the grandstand in the game are too large. Little details like around the tee area with the hole signs. The course, planting and shaping is kind of sloppy. Not saying to use my model, but I do a good job on this. I have a hole sign to the right of the player, rolex clock and bench on the back of the tee with an advert sign, than use a flat gallery rope from the fences lib. On the CGX course the 11th tee looks like a disaster area with how it was created. The good thing it is in the correct place.

On real courses you want to be able to somewhat see the real hole with in the game. That is the key to a real design. This is done with planting and other features with in the hole itself. Now it is impossible to get it all correct, but it possible to get the holes looking like they do in real life. Links courses are harder to do than something like Shinnecock, Merion or Oakmont, cause all these course have specific features on each hole. Royal Lytham is a bit tricky cause the course is placed in a town. On holes 2,3,7, and 8, do you want to put in a rail line and an entire town? Than on 9 you hit directly in to houses beyond the 9th green. Holes 13 & 14 you have a road and houses across the road. Mind you hitting in to 16 you can see the house line beyond the course it runs for a great distance. 12 to the right you also have houses. CGX does a good job putting this on the course, but does it look good? Than you have another issues of sorts on 18 you hit over the 16th tee box. This is on the CGX course, but how I design courses it would look strange hitting over one of my decked out tee box areas. I had to switch this up a bit. The way I did it was I put in a grandstand beyond the tee on 18 and the three tees going to 18 and than moved 18 like 40 yards but it looks real. Than on 15 I put the tees in behind the greens which are for 18 and than you have the tee for 16 next to it. With the houses I used tree lines, but on 9 had to put in the houses behind it. On 14, decided to just leave the house area blank. Next you run in to shaping issues for example 13 the green complex has a ton of bunkers green side. Running a fairway around this green can look weird cause with bunkers you now have a rather large fairway area, hole 16 is the same. When looking at this built theses the correct way 1st, then redesigned the shaping to fit. All the 3 pars are the same. 1 and 9 have tons of bunkers around them. I left them in the fairway. CGX does a good job staying really true to the layout, I will give them that. What I do that is different, like for example the tee shot on 15 and 17, I pause my video coverage and try to copy the look the player sees from the tee the best I can. Than do the same thing for the 2nd shot. Next if I have to make adjustments for viewing I will. Than try to find a key feature. If it is a mound or hills or whatever. With google earth you can get general elevations like the tee is at 29 feet and the green at 35 and landing zone in the fairway is at 32 feet. In this post I am not bashing the CGX course cause they do a lot of good things on it, but vs the course I am building if you played both of them next to each other, you may think you are playing a different course. Which ones is better? It is up to the player, I am going to for looks, specific game play features and a clean course with good shaping, planting were it all blends.

My textures and bunkers?
This course was 1st lost with Birkdale, I may do the Birkdale bunkers style, the course as of now is the normal Hyno Designs British Open bunkers.

Right now am using the 04 revised Birkdale texture set. The Lytham texture set I released was for Royal Liverpool, when I got the cryptolocker virus it destroyed all my textures so I was never able to go in an rename the lib to Liverpool or create specific textures for Lytham.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:31:32 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 12:35:00 PM

Article about the mouse problem, and a PS/2 port USB adapter:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1618284/mouse-load-startup.html

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/ps2_usb.jpg

( The green one is for Mouse, blue one for keyboard )

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 1:36:25 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 1:47:00 PM

Since I cant work on the course today want to go over the changes I made to hole #7

On Google earth it looks liked you have a little bit of room to add in an extra tee.

Hole #6 for years was a short par 5, in 2012 they changed it to a 497 yard par 4, which is the hardest hole on the course vs Par.

In 1988 during the final round, Fred Couples made back to back Eagles on 6 & 7.

Now we have only two 5 pars at Lytham, holes 7 & 11, both holes are around 600 yards. Both holes in the 2012 were reachable with a good drive.

Hole 11, they added in a new tee to make it 600 yards, but vs the real direct angles it plays like 570. You normally have 240 to 255 in to that green.

When play testing hole 7 found it rather easy to get home in two shots using my maxed out Rory Mcilroy player. The 1st time I played a full 18 on this course shot 64, that was a little low.

Already stretched out hole 15 to around 500, as a par 4, that was my only other change, that hole is normally down wind and I wanted the player to face the same 2nd shot that Graeme McDowell had in 2012 during the 3rd round. Just used that as my playing ground.

Adding 50 to 60 yards to a Par 5, makes the normal landing zone for the bunkers change, by adding yardage didnt want the bunker zones on the tee shot to differ. What I did was moved the 1st 4 fairway bunkers back in the fairway to the correct numbers based on the yardage guide and left the rest of the hole the same. What you than get is a very hard par 5 to reach in 2 and if you really miss the drive you could have a long shot in to the green. Normally now you lay up short of the ridge in the fairway and have a small wedge left. It is a seamless change cause the bunkers were moved to fit.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:04:13 PM | IP Logged

Did some Lytham videos over the years, Would like to dedicate this video to Henrik Stenson. based on his comments on the other video. It took 5 years, this was how the video was designed and created to mesh with this amazing soundtrack from Yes.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:06:51 PM | IP Logged

Very nice work Hyno 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:22:18 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:23:00 PM

I did some work for Seve''s foundation and got an email the night before he died and it said Seve was in bad shape. Wanted to do one last video of him while he was still living as a tribute. This was it, it is kind of emotional at the end I go to black and white; this was to show you may be gone but not forgotten.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:40:46 PM | IP Logged

This is another cool video, it is really rare footage of Seve playing 16 in 1979, and he drives the ball under a car in the parking lot.

yesrushdt
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 at 7:49:07 PM | IP Logged

Cool to hear Yes being used as your soundtrack to the British Open.

I think Faldo knows a couple guys from another popular British group Genesis. I've heard the opening to the Genesis track "Squonk" a few times during PGA Tour coverage when Faldo was doing commentary. Faldo probably requested it. He even gave a shout out to Genesis members Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks once on air. :) 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 9:49:05 PM | IP Logged

You know actually did a video of Faldo to a Genesis soundtrack, I really had no idea what I was thinking. Found this footage of the 1988 Volvo Masters, which was a score to find. Really don't do these Golf music videos anymore, but still have them.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 10:12:56 PM | IP Logged

Back to the course, got a ps2 mouse, however the USB ports are still dead, it is a royal pain trying to get files off the XP computer.

During my 1st round, 7 is playing down wind, and I just wrote how I added distance to the hole, making it 640+, well reached it in 2 and have this putt for Eagle.  

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 at 7:50:15 AM | IP Logged

Best I could do with Seve for TW 2008, I tried to make the player model of him when he was a little older 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 at 11:34:50 AM | IP Logged

Nice work Hyno and Argon 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:08:08 PM | IP Logged

Here is a little update. Was never able to get the USB ports fixed on the old XP computer, but via emailing myself could get the course file off the computer. I redid the bunkers to match the Birkdale course that I did. Here is the issue, I don't build structures, don't have the skill set. We have two releases of this course with structures. In my opinion the Larry86 structures are way better than the CGX structures, the quality of the work is not even close. The Larry86 structures on my other machine go black in the game. This is something I can't fix. It going to depend on your video card / computer.

Will share a few pictures..... 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 77.1 KB

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:09:15 PM | IP Logged

Here is another 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 123.6 KB

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:10:25 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:11:00 PM

A look at the Bunker work on 11 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 88.0 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, April 1, 2016 at 3:06:11 PM | IP Logged

Looks very good Hyno, thanks for sharing the pics. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 2:34:57 PM | IP Logged

Ok I just released the course it has been done for a few weeks. I am using Larry86's structures on the course for buildings and houses, depending on your video card they could show up black. My guess in the 07 game, it works like the shader levels in 08, but in 07 it is controlled by the water settings. So for this course set water to high.

On my XP computer = structures are fine aka the uploaded pictures
On my Laptop Win 7 = Can't change the water setting in game, structure look black

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 4:48:10 PM | IP Logged

This is just a final update on this post. The computer was the original PC I purchased for the 2004 TW game. After years of wear, the problem with the USB ports was about 10 bad capacitors on the mother board, so my course designing PC is in the shop. Going to buy another XP machine just for the TW game. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - My Latest Course - Royal Lytham ??? - Page 1 Loaded in 0.358 seconds
Saturday, April 20, 2024 @ 3:48:07 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.