Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

neilwilkes
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 2:14:24 PM | IP Logged

Hello.

My TW08 is currently on an old desktop machine that is really not suited, and I aqm looking to get a faster, more powerful new laptop with HDMI out so I can plug into the 55" LCD TV instead of the smaller (much smaller) PC Monitor - but I am not at all sure iof what I want to do is possible.
Can I simply migrate all my additional courses to the new system by copy/paste, or do I need to go find them all & reinstall to the new lappie?

Any thoughts most welcome with many thanks in advance 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 3:48:47 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Neil,

Just Copy and paste is not working, you have to reinstall all libraries and courses with TWCaddie08.
But you can make a few zipfiles from the installed courses and libraries, and put the zipped courses and libraries on a USB stick.
Best is to zip maximum 100 courses in one zipfile, so when you have lot of courses installed then you will have several course zipfiles.
Best is to zip maximum 100 libraries in one zipfile, so when you have lot of libraries installed then you will have several library zipfiles.

This is where you installed courses and libraries are located:
C:\Program Files(x86)\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\libraries
C:\Program Files(x86)\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses

And on your new system, install all zipped files ( courses.zip and libraries.zip ) in TW08 game with TWCaddie08.
TWCaddie08 will install all courses and libraries one by one that are found in the zipfile, it takes some time but much faster then redownloading all courses and libraries
Important: First install the libraries.zip files with TWCaddie......and at last install the Courses.zip files with TWCaddie)
The reason is when you first install all libraries, then you will not receive messages from missing libraries when you install the courses zipfiles

There are 2 active members online
bandit4201, Mikem,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Migrating to new Laptop - general questions - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Saturday, April 27, 2024 @ 12:13:03 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.