Removing Zombies
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

digeeboy
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 4:44:33 AM | IP Logged

I really don't want to see these when I play a round!

I've got the file from the utility section that removes these from the stock courses, but I was wondering how to go about removing them from custom ones. I've seen the the generic file in the utlities section that lets you chose various options for the blimp and galleries, but I see this needs to be used with caution on custom courses as it will remove things like fountain water,

Is there a way of editing the cls.tbf file ???

Thanks

Alan 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 12:32:31 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 12:34:00 PM

There is an easy way to do that, it should work:

Just remove the CLS folder in the custom course, and replace it with one of the CLS folders of the no galleries download, see link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=638

When downloaded the No galleries zipfile, extract the downloaded file for example on your desktop
When extracted you will see a folder program files
inside program file dubble the folders inside until you see all stock folders: Bos...Cog....Dor.....etc...
Inside each stock folder ( for example: BOS ) you will find the CLS folder
Copy one of the stock course CLS folders, and paste it in the custom course folder where you delted the CLS folder before.
Each CLS folder of the stock courses will show other eye candy, so you can try a few.

Important note: As you said in first post, it is possible you will lose other things like the fountain by replacing the CLS folder with another one !!!!! 

digeeboy
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 5:26:49 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the quick reply ... I'd already thought about replacing that file with one from another course ... but I guess that's going to mess with the way the designer wanted the course to look like. And it's only the zombies standing in the fairways that bugs me so much,

I had a look around the utils section and saw something called 'Furry Cats Extractor'. It seems to be able to unpack and repack those cls.tbf files. Looking at one that had already been modified to have no gallery I saw that the only change seemed to be to comment out the gallery section in that file with a ' at the start of each line.

Do you think this is the way to go ... to unpack the original file, comment out the gallery section and the repack??

Alan 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (54)

Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 10:34:54 PM | IP Logged

yes
commenting out or removing it completely, then repacking, will work 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 2:35:20 PM | IP Logged

Hi Pat read your post about removeing the Zombies. Beside's just removing the CLS folder, your explanation seems a bit complicated at least for me. I have no idea how to even beging to design a course. But that being said would it not be easier to just not add the ugly zombies and leave in the birds...fountains...deer and other eye candy?????

dawg8/Steve 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 3:12:45 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Steve, yes the course designer can choose if he wants to add spectators or not, so some courses will show spectators and others not. 

GolfMikeLK
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/14/1959 (65)

Posted: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 6:58:18 PM | IP Logged

edited by: GolfMikeLK on Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 5:03:00 PM change

i use spectators when i build tourney courses. But I try to keep them in the bleachers. 

There are 1 active members online
nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Removing Zombies - Page 1 Loaded in 0.375 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 6:30:58 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.