can't play in Augusta
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

fiestiamo
General Member
No User Image
Thailand

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 at 9:45:17 AM | IP Logged

I installed the course and all library files in Augusta 2008 folder. But when I opened the game, i can't see the augusta course there. I thing that's problem but i don't know what am i missing that?  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:01:27 PM | IP Logged

Hello,

When you are on Win7, Win8 or Vista then you will have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator.
Also be sure to use the correct version of TWCaddie08: 32bit or 64bit version.
Some detailed help below:

When you are using win7 or Vista, follow this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8478&forum=32

When you are using win8, read the second post on this link:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9641&forum=32

fiestiamo
General Member
No User Image
Thailand

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 at 7:25:54 PM | IP Logged

I do all instruction but I can't play any course when I installed it. I didn't see new course game except the old courses that it start from game. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 12:17:06 PM | IP Logged

Hello, The most common reason for that is that you are not running TWCaddie08 as administrator.
Try this:
Go to the TWCaddie08 icon on your desktop: Right click TWCaddie08 icon and choose: Properties....Compatibility...and on bottom check box: Run as administrator....and hit: Apply
After that try to install a course and look if it works now.

When it is still not working then you probably installed the wrong version of TWCaddie08 ( 32bit or 64 bit version ) 

fiestiamo
General Member
No User Image
Thailand

Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 1:08:31 PM | IP Logged

I can play in Augusta already, thank you. That's my mistake. i'm not running TWCaddie08 as administrator. i think that choose run compatibility before. So i'm read again and followed in your instruction that's worked.

thank you again for all you supported.

I have one question :
The new courses when I installed, That's played new courses in PGA Tour mode?? or only in custom mode??

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 1:15:06 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 1:19:00 PM

It will not work on PGA Tour, but it should work on Custom game mode.
You can also play the custom courses with friends online.
Some people play on Gameranger: http://www.gameranger.com/
Or you can try one of the links in our community section, some sites there are using Hamachi to play custom courses together.
There are also a few sites in the comminty section that are using their own game launcher to play a custom tour.

Important note when you play TW08, there is a bug in the game, this is how you can fix it:
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:
1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find My documents )
2) Inside look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.

fiestiamo
General Member
No User Image
Thailand

Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 12:11:29 AM | IP Logged

thank you for all your support. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - can't play in Augusta - Page 1 Loaded in 0.188 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 7:33:42 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.