Missing Text Files
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

wimisener
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:13:20 PM | IP Logged

I have Windows 8 and downloaded TW Caddie 8.64 without any issues. I changed all to Compatibility to Windows 8 with Administrator rights. When I downloaded 3 courses, they all stated all were downloaded sucessfully but when I opened TW PGA Tour 2008, there are 3 Hexes open for those 3 courses but when I click on them, I get the message that I'm missing a text file and that I need to run from the CD which of course I'm doing with TW PGA Tour 2008 but cannot with the downloadable courses that I just installed. Any solutions or similar problems out there? 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 11:12:52 PM | IP Logged

all that means is the text file is missing

the courses should run normally - did you try them ??

if you identify which courses, then they can be checked to make sure they include all the necessary files (they should, gunny checks them before releasing them)

sounds like the caddy install - from the zip file i assume - didn't work 100%

you can also check in the caddy by selecting the course and then properties to see if any files are missing

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 11:15:15 PM | IP Logged

that I need to run from the CD which of course I'm doing with TW PGA Tour 2008 but cannot with the downloadable courses that I just installed
sure you can - the dvd is required to get past the security/piracy features - it is not referring to the custom courses 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 at 12:22:15 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, January 12, 2015 at 12:24:00 PM

Yes as JBCalg explained, you have to install the courses from the downloaded zipfile.
When you first unzip the downloaded zipfile then the course will not be installed correct.

There are 2 ways to install courses:

1. With the Create myzip feature: in that case the course should be installed correct when you use TWCaddie08

2. You can download the course and all required libraries seperate, in that case follow instructions below:

You will have to download the required libraries separate ( without the myzip feature ).
Go to the course that you want to download.....on right side you will see a list of required libraries.
The libraries with a red X are libraries you didn t download before. Click one a library (librarytext) with a red X, and download it to a location on your PC, for example download it to a folder on your desktop. Do the same for allother libraries that are marked with red X.
After that on your desktop open TWCaddie08....and choose: Install
On next popup screen you will have to browse to the downloaded libraries zipfiles. When you found one dubble click the library zipfile, and TWCaddie08 will install it in
TW08. Do this with all libraries you downloaded separate.

After that on the coursedownloads page, left side you will see the course download link: Coursedownloads.net
Dubble click it, and download the coursefile to your pc, and also install the downloaded course zipfile with TWCAddie08, same way as you installed the libraries

There are 2 active members online
BillSaunders, Fore!play,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Missing Text Files - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 7:18:07 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.